Sunday, February 7, 2016

Are Respect and Decency lost forever?

In my youthful days I was taught that respect for authority, manners, decency, hard work, thrift, fear of God, and obedience to my parents would take me a long way.Believe you me, I tried! Not always successfully but I tried, and I like to think so did many of my peers.

But in today's free for all and with the advent of social media, everyone with an ax to grind who has access to a smart phone or computer  can literally spew their garbage over the Internet thereby contributing to the loss of those values that made us decent human beings.

Our leaders are fair game for anyone who subscribes to another point of view and as decency flew out the door so too did commonsense and truth. The trend today seems to be to say what you want and to hell with the consequences. What a legacy we are leaving for our grandchildren!

I pray for Trinidad and Tobago!

No comments:

Post a Comment