Monday, December 16, 2013

Hyundai Matrix - From smiles to frowns

When I purchased my foreign used Hyundai Matrix for cash in 2008 I did so on the basis of enjoying a reasonably priced vehicle which really would not have much mileage to travel and the fact that I didn't have to bend my back and my  neck to get into the driver's seat. After five years it still hasn't moved too far from the original mileage when I bought it.

One good thing about it is that over the past five years I had no problems except for having to change the radiator and of course the normal maintenance costs; much less than I ever had to spend on previous vehicles I owned.

Problems arose however when the Neutral Switch Harness began to crumble and deteriorate. For more than six months now I've been trying to get a replacement only to be met with "None in stock, or we don't carry that "!

Fortunately the vehicle can still start and works well in reverse and third , but because the current is broken, moving off is sluggish and I've gone from smiles to frowns just like that!  I'm afraid to try a repair as in the past I had three cars almost burn down because of electrical problems. ( That's over a forty year period, Boss!) The amount of advice I've got so far on this one  can fill a page but the one that beats all cock fight is to change the engine. Why must I change an engine that works beautifully because I cannot find a clip is my main question?

I'll hope that Neal and Massy or the other agencies I contacted  holds to their promise and get me a Christmas present of a Harness. Miracles do happen. P.S. I have toyed with the idea of importing one from abroad.

2 comments:

  1. Miracles do happen. My wife dreamt about a Mechanic who use to work for us several years ago which made me decide to go to him to see whether he could help in any way. Fortunately one of his in-laws had not too long ago returned from abroad and established an Automotive electrical repair shop. Would you believe he did the repairs for me at no cost? Since New Years day my vehicle has been working as it used to when it was new. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where is your in-laws' repair shop?

    ReplyDelete